Suntan of skin is a natural process that protects itself from the harmful ultra-violet (UV) rays of sunlight. Upon exposure to sunlight, skin produces a brown colored pigment, called melanin that provides dark color or tanned look to the skin. Once you have Suntan, it is not easy to bring your skin back in normal state. I don’t think that any cosmetic cream or lotion can effectively treat sun-tanned skin. However, here are few tips that can help you lighten the tanned skin color, if not remove completely.
- Yoghurt + lemon bleach: Mix yoghurt with lemon juice and apply it on your skin daily before bath. This is one of the best remedy for reducing sun tan.
- Potato: For mild tanned skin, rub peeled potato skin on the affected area or raw potato juice for fast relief.
- Cucumber juice: Apply cucumber juice on your face for 10 minutes after tanning. Vitamin C in cucumber juice can moisturize your skin naturally and help you improve your skin tone. You can also rub freshly cut slices of cucumber on your skin. Paste of cucumber and honey is also very useful for soothing the redness due to sun-tan.
- Sandalwood powder: Mix sandalwood powder with coconut oil and almond oil to make a paste. Apply this paste on your skin and leave it for half an hour before washing off with cold water.
- Turmeric powder: Make a thick pate of turmeric powder with yoghurt and honey. Apply this paste on your skin for about 15-20 minutes and rinse it off in cold water.