- Traditional eye shadow powders are very easy to use with small applicator brushes and foam pads. For a dimensional look, blend two colors of powder or one color of powder on top of a cream shadow base.
- With cream-based eye shadows, less really is more. The cream shadows generally come in small squeeze tubes that really enhance the look of your eyes with a light application across the lid, reaching up to your brows if you wish.
- To really define your eyes, apply a thin line of eyeliner in black or brown. To properly apply the eyeliner pencil or liquid liner, gently pull the corner of your eye outward, forming a straight line along your lashes. Starting at the inside corner and working toward the outside, delicately trace a line with the pencil angled toward your lashes.
- Be careful how much eyeliner you apply, as a little really does go a long way. For a dramatic look, thicker and darker is very acceptable. For a subtle definition, stick with a lighter application.
- When selecting mascara, many factors come into play, with each brand’s newest addition to the line claiming bigger and better benefits. From thickening to lengthening to blackest black, waterproof and curling, each mascara product has a special offering of its own. Considering your own lashes, choose one that best suits your needs.
- Choose the color you want to wear – black, brown or even navy blue. With so many options available, you can add a couple types of mascara to your collection and change your look as often as you like!
- Generally, applying two coats of mascara will give enough definition to lashes to really make a difference. Allow the first coat to dry before applying the second in an effort to prevent clumping.